There are a few different plan options!
Note: If you’re using the Transportation Wallet to sign up for membership, please head here to read up on common questions and more information.
Through the app
You can download the app (available for both Android and iPhone users)
- Tap Register and select your desired plan.
- Follow the prompts to add your contact info, create a password, set up a PIN, add any desired funds (not required) or a promo code, and a credit/debit card*
On the website
You can also sign up on our website
- Click JOIN NOW or BUY NOW
- Complete the forms with your contact info, password, PIN, desired plan, any promo code and your credit/debit card*
At a kiosk
- At the kiosk screen, tap “New Rider? Create an Account”
- Select a plan
- Enter your phone and email address to create an account
- Agree to the rental agreement
- Purchase a Member Card if desired ($2 for non-Annual members)
- Create a 4 digit PIN number
- Add Funds to the account, if desired (not required)
- The checkout page displays total charges and a chance to enter a promo code
- Select “I agree and I’m ready to pay”
- Insert credit/debit card* in slot
Existing Social Bicycles Users:
If you’ve used bike share in another city, your email address will already be on file. To join another bike share you’ll need to add the network.
On the Social Bicycles Website:
- Log into your SocialBicycles account
- Click the “Account” tab at the top
- Click on the “Memberships” link on the left
- Click the green “Join other networks” button
- Select the bike share you’d like to join
- Click the green “I’m choosing this network” button under the Bike Share you’d like to join
On the Social Bicycles App: (the blue and white generic Social Bicycles app, NOT the
- Log into your Social Bicycles account
- Click "Memberships"
- Choose “Subscribe to a different network”
- Select BIKETOWN
- Select a plan
NOTE: If you are an international visitor and unable to download the BIKETOWN app, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are working hard to increase our global availability. In the meantime, you can access the BIKETOWN website on your mobile phone.
Don’t forget the lock! There is a holster on the left side of the bike’s keypad to store the lock while riding.
Please note that ride time on the Pay-As-You-Go plan, as well as any ride time over 90 minutes (in a 24-hour period) on the Month-to-Month plan and the Annual Membership, is billed at $0.08/minute. To avoid out of hub ($2) and out of service area ($10) fees, be sure to put your bike on Hold before locking it during mid-rental stops. Always lock the bike securely to a bike rack or secure pole when not in use.
End your ride by ensuring your bike is properly locked to any BIKETOWN station. You will see the “Thank You” screen on the bike’s keypad.